Marked “Union T Czechoslovakia”
Porcelain Union, United Porcelain Factory AG, Meretitz, Czechia (Miretice, Bohemia, Austria) – 1921 Porcelain Union, United Porcelain Factory AG was formed in the village of Meretitz outside of Klasterec (Klosterle). The Anglo Czechoslovakia bank merged several factories to form the new business with offices in Klášterec. These factories were: Gottfired and Vielgut, W Tuma & O Vielgut Porcelain Factory, and the Julius Neuman factory was also a part of the business. One of the Marks used by these factories was a wreath with the word Union and the alpha character “K,” for Klášterec or Klosterle. (Note: Henderson and Rontgen have different descriptions for these factories. The above information is according to Decorated Bohemian Porcelain, Henderson.)
Additionally in 1921 the Alexandra Porcelain Works Ernst Wahliss factory in Trnovany (Turn-Teplitz, Bohemia, Austria) was merged into the new business. One of the Marks used by this factories was a wreath with the word Union and the alpha character “T,” for Turn-Teplitz or Trnovany.
1927 Porcelain Union, United Porcelain Factory AG joined the EPIAG association. All plants closed in 1939.